There are several reason to invest in landscape lighting, and they range from adding to the beauty of your home to adding to the safety of your home. Since spring will be here soon, it’s important to start thinking not only about getting your lawn irrigation system in order, but how you can best complement your home’s natural beauty with patio lighting for those late night dinner parties.
Take a look at these 7 reasons you should invest in landscape lighting for your home or business.
- It’s Beautiful: The first and best reason is because it will add beauty to your home. If done correctly, proper lighting will enhance the look of your home, thus increasing its resale value and curb appeal. Imagine how you will feel when you arrive home at night and see your home lit up to greet you. Lighting will also add a bright, welcoming feeling to anyone who visits after dark.
- Add to Your Home’s Curb Appeal: Having an aesthetically pleasing landscape lighting design will give your neighbors a new appreciation for the look of your home as well. landscape lighting at night makes your home stand out among the other darkened homes on your block and adds an extra component of charm to your home.
- Increases the Value of Your Home: Homes with landscape lighting generally sell for more than homes without. The appearance, safety and overall ambiance of your house will make a difference when you are ready to sell it. However, poorly installed or placed lighting will not increase the value of your home as much so be sure to hire a professional, well respected company to do the work.
- Complements Your Landscaping: Installing landscape lights, especially if you have them designed and located properly, will increase your enjoyment of your current landscaping design. Installing accent lights to highlight a particular area of your landscaping helps its visibility and gives you more value for your landscaping efforts.
- Decreases Chances of a Break In: Landscape lighting will decrease the chances a burglar will choose your home to break into. Thieves usually choose an easy target, and a house that is well lit will not be attractive to them. Dark pathways and side yards just give thieves an invitation to lurk and wait for you to leave.
- Decreases Chances of Trips and Falls: Having landscape lighting will decrease the chances you or a guest will trip or fall on an outdoor walkway. Lighting the way is a safety issue that you should consider, especially if you often have guests over at nighttime. A homeowner is liable for accidents that occur on his/her property, so doing everything you can to avoid any mishaps helps you in the long run and will be worth the investment. If you own a business, lighting the way is an added welcoming touch for clients who visit your office or home in the evening hours.
- Increases Usability of Your Outdoor Spaces: If you like to grill outdoors or have an outdoor patio, outdoor lighting is essential. You will use your patio more often if it is well it and you can relax in the safety being able to see what you are doing. Lighting a pool area or deck will also improve on how often you use them.